By Mas'ud ibn Umar Taftazani
Read Online or Download A Commentary on the Creed of Islam PDF
Similar islam books
Jihad, the Muslim holy conflict opposed to Christians and others, has raged for 1300 years with bloody conquests in Europe relationship from campaigns to transform the infidels within the seventh century to today's random acts of terrorism within the identify of Allah. but this massive unrecorded 'hole' in eu heritage has been censored and stifled via political and literary specialists who've feared reprisals from indignant Muslims attempting to cover a legacy of brutality enormously extra bloody and 6 occasions longer in length than the atrocities of the crusades.
From livid reactions to the cartoons of Prophet Muhammad to the suppression of girls, information from the Muslim global begs the query: is Islam incompatible with freedom? With an eye fixed sympathetic to Western liberalism and Islamic theology, Mustafa Akyol lines the ideological and old roots of political Islam.
For the 1st time, the dramatic adjustments the Qur anic code underwent through the Umayyad interval (660-750 C. E. ) are analysed and awarded at the foundation of a variety of fabric in strong half unpublished. In Qur ans of the Umayyads, Francois Deroche bargains a chronology of many of the advancements which marked the interval, in an process combining philology, paintings heritage, codicology and palaeography.
- Nietzsche and Islam , 1st Edition
- Islamic Civilization in South Asia: A History of Muslim Power and Presence in the Indian Subcontinent
- Ever Thought About The Truth
- Le sceau des saints: Prophetie et saintete dans la doctrine d'Ibn Arabi (Bibliotheque des sciences humaines) (French Edition)
- Textual Criticism and Qur’an Manuscripts
Extra info for A Commentary on the Creed of Islam
308 fT. For the importance of such trea/ises see Enc. D. Creed, pp. , io2f. H. D. 1068-1142) is Abu Hafs 'Umar b. Muhammad b. given in Brockelmann's Geschichte, Ahmad I, 427 f. PREFACE BY AL-TAFTAZANI 4 acme of conciseness and instruction and the last word in good order and arrangement. I have tried to explain the brief treatise so as to give the details of its and clarify the intricacies of the subject, to straighten out general principles the involved things and reveal those that are concealed, while at the same time keeping the record concise, clearly calling attention to its purpose.
332. Cf. ; (Friedlander), The Guide for the Perplexed, pp. ; Pines, Beitr&gc, pp. 26 ff . 9 See Diet, of Tech. Terms, p. 1455. 10 Sec al-Risdla al-Shamsiya, p. 34; al-Ta'rifdt, p. 86; Diet, of Tech. Terms, pp. 300 f. 11 See al-Risdla al-Shamsiya, p. 34; Diet, of Tech. Terms, pp. ; Ibn Sina, al-Najdt, pp. 94 f . 12 Sec Wolfson, "Internal Senses," Harv. Theol. ; al-Ghazzali, Uaqajid d-Faldsifa, III, 46 ft. al-Najdt, pp. ; Ibn Sina, Macdonald, "Wahm and its Cognates," Jour. Roy. At. , 1922, pp. ; Terms, p.
VARIOUS ARTICLES OF BELIEF CONCERNING WORSHIP, THE COMPAN- GUIDANCE 14. IONS OF 99 136 14! THE PROPHET, THE WIPING ON THE INNER SHOES, AND NABIDH 1 8. 88 152 VARIOUS ARTICLES OF BELIEF CONCERNING THE RANK OF THE WALI, THE PEOPLE OF THE INNER MEANING, THE FEELING OF SECURITY AND DESPAIR, THE DIVINER, THE NON-EXISTENT, AND PRAYERS FOR THE DEAD 19. 157 VARIOUS ARTICLES OF BELIEF CONCERNING THE LAST HOUR, MUJTAHIDS, AND THE COMPARATIVE EXCELLENCE OF MEN AND ANGELS 165 BIBLIOGRAPHY 171 INDEX 177 i/4 Commentary on Creed of Islam the Preface by TO HIS COMMENTARY ON THE ARTICLES OF BELIEF 8 BY AL-NASAFI.